Friday, February 5, 2010

Work...

I've been so lax at keeping up my blog, that I've negected to mention Ethan's job.
He was let go from his previous job in November 2009, and he and his girlfriend of 3 years broke up. Needless to say, it was a trifle bit tense around here. I kept hounding him about getting out and finding a job. (what a nice mommy I am!) He would just tell me that he was. Ha! Actually, he filled out and dropped off quite a few applications.
There was a job dismantling cars at a place he went to for parts, and he applied for that. Unfortunately, he would have had to have his own tools which would have cost somewhere in the vicinity of $2000. Well, yeah, I don't think so. Anyway, a short time after that, the same company had an opening for a front desk person. This is the person you talk to when you want to find a car part at a place that has a gazillion car pieces. Everything is catalogued, and Ethan looks them up and takes their money. He's working full-time and going to school full-time and seems very grounded. (that might have a little to do with the fact that he is consistantly taking his Adderall) He comes home from work, comes up to my room and proceeds to tell me about his day, what went on in school and all about the crazy people at work. (co-workers and customers) He was sooo excited the day he got to spray paint and top coat his first piece. I think we're going to frame it.
There is one tiny drawback to his working with cars...he is FiLthY. I've got to get him a jumpsuit, god knows he won't do it. That way he can just ruin one thing, not everything.

No comments: