Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday evening Skype...

Andy called the other night wondering what was up with Ethan. I had posted a comment to Ethan's post about not ever wanting to come back here (home). Andy got a little concerned that maybe Ethan had just up and left, but I assured him that it was just me not leaving well enough alone. Sometimes I just don't feel like keeping my thoughts to myself, I do think about what I'm going to say before I say it, and sometimes I just let it out. This was one of those times. Anyway, we got around to talking about Skype and he told me we should set up a Skype date with Grandma and Barb on Sunday or Monday. I thought this was so cool of Andy to suggest it and I jumped at the chance to get us all together to chat.
I worked today and I told them I would make something for dessert. When I got home, I realized that the house was just too much of a pit to let them see, so I hurried and vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, washed, dried and put away the dishes and straightened up. Mom had left me a message that she would bring a pie that she made, so I didn't have to worry about making anything. Yeah!
I set up the time with Andy of 7 p.m. Cincinnati time which was 6 p.m. our time. We had to try several times to get a hold of him on line, and I ended up giving him a call and telling him to turn on his computer. Once he did, we were connected in no time. We talked for over an hour, which is just amazing. He's doing really well, loving cooking for Boca and they are very happy he's with them, even going so far as to actually 'tell' him. Not all places of business bother to tell you when you are doing a great job. He doesn't get to see Lauren very often as she works days and he works evenings, she's asleep when he gets home and he's asleep when she leaves for work. It won't always be like that, but for now they just have to put up with it.
Mom and Barb were pretty amazed to be able to talk with him face to face. The connection wasn't the greatest, but it really doesn't matter when you don't get to see a person for months at a time.
I'm quite proud of him and what he's accomplishing. I think he will go far in life.

No comments: