Monday, May 17, 2010

Ceiling grid…

 

Ethan had a little accident at work today. If I heard correctly, the second floor in the storeroom is made of a metal grid system. Ethan was on the ground floor and a co-worker was on the second floor, walking backwards while pulling a heavy load. He happened to step on just the spot in the grid that was not welded together properly. As he stepped, it fell down and on top of Ethan, hitting him in the upper bicep, leaving 4 distinct marks, cutting his knuckles, one almost to the bone and also cutting him under the chin. He had 4 stitches in his chin and 4 stitches on the hand/knuckle of his little finger. The Doctor said he was really lucky today because if the grid would have hit him an inch lower, it would have cut through his neck. Yikes! That would NOT have been good. He’s been really lucky 3 times now. I wonder if his luck has run out for head wounds now or if he’ll be like a cat and have 9 chances. Geez, I shouldn’t joke about this but honestly, I have to…I could have lost my youngest child today.

Thank you, Ethan’s Guardian Angel, for a job well done.

No comments: