Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A place of her own?????

First born might have a new place to call home. Her oldest friend from waayyy back (kindergarten) has a room in her grandmother's house (who is not living there at this time) that she can rent. Woo hoo! It sounds so very exciting, I'm a little jealous. They took a look at it last night and she came home very hyped. They've got the house painted, furnished, decorated with art work and the table is set with new white dishes and a scrumtious meal (in their minds). I hope this works out for her, because this is something she really wants and more importantly, needs. After living at college for four years, it's hard to move back home into a little bedroom that is stuffed to the brim. Even though she can do what ever she wants and doesn't have a curfew, "Mom and Dad" are still here keeping an eye on her. It's hard to let your children grow and become adults, because the very thing that they need to do to accomplish this, is to move out and become their own person. I don't want her to go, because we won't get to do as much together, but I also can't wait for her to go, because I feel she really, really needs to. I can feel her regressing, questioning herself, becoming dependent again. Once she's on her own, these will change and she will blossom. We have a wonderful relationship and while it will change, it will be good for both of us, and I'm certain and confident we will always be close. I love her very much and wish only the very best for her.

No comments: